Big Big Trade

Sunday, January 21, 2007

IBD's 10 secrets to success

Investor Business Daily (IBD) – (www.investors.com) is a must read for every investor. William O’Neil – a stockbroker, entrepreneur and writer, founded the site. To know more about Mr. O’Neil, please go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_O%27Neil

1. How you think is everything. Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of negative sentiment.

2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals. Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.

3. Take action. Goals are nothing without an action. Don’t be afraid to get started. Just do it.

4. Never stop learning. Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.

5. Be persistent and work hard. Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.

6. Learn to analyze details. Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.

7. Focus your time and money. Don’t let other people or things distract you.

8. Don’t be afraid to innovate; be different. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.

9. Deal and communicate with people effectively. No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.

10. Be honest and dependable; take responsibility. Otherwise, Nos. 1-9 won’t matter.

2 Comments:

  • Your blog is one of my permanent must-read. Your stock picks have always been accurate. I got ION and made over 30 % (more if I waited a few more days); got RCB (26%) and missed PCIL which you correctly predicted would go up (it was at 1.40 and jumped to 1.62). Your writeup on MER, FPH, FGEN, I have noted in my prospects list but I didn't move too quickly. I may still go in for FGEN, though. jgbriones

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

  • As always, market is right, not you (not me). Thank you for reading my blog. I am happy to see that my readers are making money from my recommendations. Good luck to all of us.

    By Blogger jack galt, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home